Tuesday, June 27, 2006

at 4 25 am.... miles to go before i sleep.....

my fav poem.... ma taught me once while she was correcting papers or something...and i was just thoroughly bored....

since approx 8 pm... ive showered,sat around waiting for a phone call,chalked out my tv schedule for the night(and managed to sandwich in a few hours of study too!!!)... cried into my pillow... got mad coz it wasnt raining,re read parts of "the class" and re affirmed (to myself) bits of current reality.... watched the football matches.... and then the replays/highlights...
couldnt switch channels as i had a couple of books on my lap and a pen in my hand.... and thus couldnt hold the remote at the same time.....

at 3 am .. me the rain goddess had had enough... i went upto to the terrace.,., stared at the sky and summoned the rains.... commanded,demanded....
by the way.. here the cuckoo cuckoos even at this hour.... now i either get why they say gone cuckoo or the cuckoo has actually gone cuckoo.....

and then it rained...!!!!
thunder,lightning,wind.... a lot of rain....till the lights went out... and while the entire hoster slumbered... the rain queen danced the tribal rain dance alone on the terrace.....
the uncried tears were shed.... and the dried up happiness in me was re-juvinated....

i had to rite this.... do i change out of my wet shorts and tee or do i allow the cushioned chair and the floor to get wet.....
i havent spoken a word in the past 10 hrs or so.... ive been awefully depressed and awesomely happy.....
this is the best nite ive had in the past 3 weeks......
there shall always be a 3 am to 4 am......
and miles to go before i sleep .....
miles to go before i sleep......

No comments: