Sunday, May 14, 2006

all around me......
i look...
after three years..... i have built up a library of 468 story books in my room in the hostel.
and i have been consistent in maintaining the same,sparse wardrobe.
i have accumulated stationary paper,staple pins,wooden pencils that i dont use ......
....and i cant seem to be able to glipmse a single sheet of paper with class notes or the likes of it.
i can only hope they emerge in time.....


my best friends....
my denims which i have not moulted in some time now.
and my parker fountain pen which has been an extension of my rite hand and fingers since class 9.

i treasure my adidas sneakers, i white leather retro pair much abused.
my all time companions or room mates.....my comp and the Roadesian here.

... my table lamp.... a 10th bday present from my dad.... burns on even when i am beamed out.....

i love the morning dewey air.
i love the night.... luke kennys after hours,moonlight,nostalgia,work,the silence.... the mind works.....

im a soul deprived of sex,alcohol and drugs... yet im frequently high,intoxicated or turned on.....

i cannot imagine how ive subjected myself to being jailed in by 8 pm into the girls hostel everyday for the last three years....
cant comprehend how ive bcome so passive, so not rebellious....
cant figure out ppl here... or there... and what all makes them tick....
i dont blv i shall ever be one of them..... not here ... not anywhere....

"I am a rock,I am an island.
I have my books and my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
hiding in my room,
safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.

I’ve built walls,a fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
It’s laughter and it’s loving I disdain.

If I never loved I never would have cried.
......And a rock feels no pain;and an island never cries."

i shall live on.....

1 comment:

Pranaadhika Sinha Devburman - Bat said...

the fact that u remain high on life is what makes you my ducky baby.. muahhhhhh